T.R.A.P. Tech Program (ages 16-24 Charlotte, NC) – application only
Here are some alarming statistics about minorities and the economic divide.
Concentrated Poverty in North Carolina is growing (NC Justice Center, April 2018)
▪ Blacks have the highest share of poverty statistics
▪ 37 neighborhoods (2000) to 109 neighborhoods (2016) – Greater than 40% poverty
▪ 262 neighborhoods (2000) to 669 neighborhoods (2016) – Between 20-40% poverty
▪ Blacks in poverty-stricken neighborhoods (increased 203%): 59,276 (2000) to 179,623 (2016)
▪ Black concentrated poverty neighborhood share (2000-2016): 3.6% to 8.7%
▪ 2012-2016: Blacks 71% more likely than Latino to live in concentrated poverty-stricken neighborhoods; 434% more likely than Whites
▪ 2012-2016: NC Residents living in concentrated poverty-stricken neighborhoods: Whites (5.8%); Latinos (8.9%); Blacks (16.6%)
In Charlotte, there is a 4% chance of escaping poverty for those born into it. This is the worst percentage among large cities in the US.
In Charlotte, there are also over 60,000 jobs that remain open in the fields of I.T. and tech, each year. These jobs cannot be filled because there is simply not enough talent.
Charlotte is also home to some of the largest banks and investment firms in the world, yet our underserved communities get very little attention or investment.
IBG commits to changing this problem by delivering world-class, free tech training and job placement to thousands each year. No red tape, no tuition, no excuses–all we require is hard work!
T.R.A.P. stands for (T)raining (R)esponsible (A)dvanced (P)rofessionals. IBG Software committed to delivering world-class training and workforce development programs for candidates, with a focus on those aged 16-24. This demographic generally has limited work experience and encounters significant difficulty finding good employment opportunities. The sole purpose of the T.R.A.P. Tech program is to create a surge of economic mobility for candidates that would otherwise not have the opportunity. This opportunity is provided via advanced training and job-placement assistance for in-demand, high-paying jobs in technology and software development. IBG commits to providing training, mentorship, interview preparation, and apprenticeship opportunities for all participants. All students that complete the program will be added to our training and hiring pipeline and will be recruited for job opportunities.
The T.R.A.P. program is an intense, 4-month program designed to get students all of the tools they need to succeed as mobile application/java software developers.
Please find more details on the program here:
Please sign up for the T.R.A.P. Tech program using this link. Trap Tech Application Form
Students that complete will obtain an IBG Technical Certification.
This training program costs $75,000.00 per student. The cost alone is part of the reason why so many cannot get the jobs that require this level of training. As part of the T.R.A.P. Tech program, IBG/CDC subsidizes the full cost of the program for each individual–candidates are evaluated for eligibility before being granted enrollment.
Mobile and middleware technologies run the world! Everyone wants an app, but that’s just cracking the surface. Enterprise mobile stands to grow almost 200%, year-over-year, for the next 5-6 years, creating nearly 10 million new jobs worldwide. The influx of mobile creates a directly proportionate influx in demand for Middleware Engineers to support these systems. The combination of skills is extremely rare and in VERY high demand. Our mobile/middleware program not only takes you from beginner to professional, but it also supplies you with the tools you need to land a great job in technology!
Students that complete this program will receive a middleware mobile certification. They will also receive recognition for intermediate-to-advanced mastery of key mobile development tasks.
- Over 50 lectures and over 240 hours of content.
- Testing training included.
- Learn middleware, cloud, application servers and N-Tier architectures and how to build/design/and troubleshoot issues.
- Learn mobile development, test, and provisioning basics from a team of professional trainers.
- Information-packed, practical training starting from basics to advanced mobile techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and those who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current mobile development and testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Develop over 30 mobile applications.
To get started on your new career and join this class, please use the T.R.A.P. Tech application form link above.
- Lectures 30
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 240 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1457
- Assessments Yes
- I.T. engineering basics
- I.T. environment basics
- object oriented programming 1
- object oriented programming 2
- object oriented programming 3
- object oriented programming 4
- introduction to enterprise java
- java data structures
- rules of java
- intermediate java
- advanced java
- beginners android
- android sdk
- native application development
- agile vs waterfall
- beginners android
- intermediate android
- advanced android
- programming best practices
- programming assignments 1-30
- team- based app development
- enterprise provisioning
- project management
- project completion
- interview dynamics
- interview prep
- interview questions
- interview mastery